Some type of website have their own official type of system, or software or Internet hosting service. For example, the software which intended for developing an Internet forum is different from the software for developing a web directory. A type of site is have its own official type of software or Internet host. A lot better if you'll going to read the list not of categories but of the types of websites below.
The screenshots by Firefox 19.0 (Windows 2008) of a blog software Blogger for making a weblog on the left top, Webs' site creation and hosting service for creating a content website on the right top, phpBB Internet forum software package for building an online forum on the left bottom, and Ning social network hosting service for developing a social networking site on the right bottom.
List Not of Categories but Types of Websites
- Affiliate: A program that gives their users a commission or any credit for every referral and/or new sign up that they've referred.
- Answer Site: Users can ask and answer a question, while visitors can search an answer related to their questions.
- Content Site: Just a simple site with some contents which can also be a personal website or a site with any basic contents.
- Electronic Commerce: An online store also know as E-commerce, where a user can buy and/or sell through the Internet.
- Exchanging Site: A program which will going to credits their users for every action that they've made, which then can spend for their interest.
- File Sharing Site: Where the people can download the files that they've looking for, the files which uploaded by the users.