In this tutorial you will see the 9 steps to learn how to install an FTP client (software) on your Personal Computer running Windows. The format of our installation guidelines is minimized in the best way to make the steps straight, for your better reading but it's still understandable and effectively working. These are the 9 steps how to install an FTP client on Windows PC. The FTP client program that we will use as the example of our installation is FileZilla Client:
- Step 1: The first thing you would need to do is to download the FileZilla Client at this link: FileZilla - Client Download (Internet connection required!)
- Step 2: Open the downloaded setup (program) which named looks like FileZilla_184.108.40.206_win32-setup (that's the name of FileZilla Client 220.127.116.11 Setup,) and run it.
- Step 3: If the system ask you like this, “Do you want to allow the following program (from an unknown publisher) to make changes to this computer?” Just allow it by pressing the "Yes" button.
- Step 4: And accept the terms of agreement of the FileZilla Client program, by just clicking the “I Agree” button.
- Step 5: Select whether you wish to make the software available to all users but you must have administrator privileges to do this or to just yourself, and click the "Next" button.
- Step 6: Check the components that you want to install and uncheck those you don't want to install. Or just make them defaults by keeping all the checkboxes unchanged. And select "Next" to continue.
- Step 7: Now you will see the destination folder where the setup shall install the FileZilla client which is in version 18.104.22.168 on our installation, you can either select other folder as the destination if you wish. And click "Next" to continue.
- Step 8: Select the “Start Menu” folder or enter a specific name to create a new folder in which you would like to create the program's shortcuts. You can also check the “Do not create shortcuts” button if you don't want to create shortcuts. And click "Install". It will just take a few seconds...
- Step 9: Your computer must be restarted in order to complete the installation of FileZilla Client (22.214.171.124, the version in our example). So, therefore you can choose if you want to “Reboot now” (or restart in literal) your PC or you want to do it later by choosing the “I want to manually reboot later” radio button, and click "Finish". But there's a chance that the installation would be completed even without requiring to reboot your computer.