A file archiver is a computer program that can compress a number of files or folders together into one archive file with a file extension such .zip, etc... And can then extract this archive file into one folder. Most software packages in big sizes are compressed to make the downloading of those packages quick. Archive files are basically needed to decompress before you can fully use the files therein, because they're compressed and not in their physical sizes.These are the straight steps to install a file archiver on your computer. The specific operating system of my computer that I'm using where I will install a file archiver is Microsoft Windows. But even your computer has a different operating system, these steps can still give you some guides to install a file archiver. My recommended file archiver is no other than an open source, 7-Zip and that is the program that I will document how to install:
- Go to the Download page of 7-Zip. And make sure you have an Internet connection.
- In that page, download the file appropriate for your platform. And after this,
Your download will start shortly...
- And wait a few seconds till the downloading file become successfully transferred. The estimated time for downloading 7-Zip setup wizard is just 1 minute.
- After the download would be completed, open the newly downloaded file which named like "7z920" with a file extension depend on your platform.
- Then you may be asked if
Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this (your) computer?Just allow it by pressing "Yes".
- Then you can click "Browse..." and select a specific Destination Folder if you want, but you can also make the destination folder default. And click "Install" to start the installation.
- Wait a second before the program 7-Zip would be installed on your computer, and then Completing the 7-Zip Setup Wizard by clicking "Finish".
And that's it! A free file archiver, 7-Zip is now installed on your computer. This computer program can extract .ZIP files, RAR files, etc...